Today’s Recipe came about as a variation on our Paleo Pancake Batter.
While trying to come up with dinner plans, I noticed I had some leftover batter in the fridge, and a package of Applegate Hot Dogs. Why not give it a shot and see how this batter would work for Corndogs. The outcome was very tasty and well received by all. The batter does come out pretty thin, and thins out even more towards the end of the bowl.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out below.
Now on to the good stuff:
Notes: This batter will brown quickly and will burn easy. Try a couple samples first to get the cooking time down. Do not place too many in oil at one time, as they will cook fast, and could burn while trying to get everything out of the oil.
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 10min
1 pkg Applegate – The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog (Paleo Friendly as it is made with Grain Fed Beef)
1c Almond Flour
1/4c Coconut Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2c Almond Milk
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Organic Honey
Dash of Sea Salt
2 parts Sunflower Oil
1 part Safflower Oil
- Combine Batter Ingredients thoroughly mix. Let sit.
- Preheat Oil in fryer or Wok over medium high heat
- Cut hotdogs into bite-size pieces
- Coat in batter, and shake off excess. Will be a very thin coating
- Place in Hot oil
- Remove when golden brown and place on Paper towels to soak up excess oil